Malleable iron pipe fittings are designed for use in high pressure piping systems that operate at pressures up to 150 psi and beyond. Malleable iron fittings are made from ductile iron that has been annealed to give it flexibility and strength. This allows the fittings to withstand considerable impact, shock and vibration while maintaining a leak-free joint.
Malleable Iron 150lbs Fittings Are Commonly Used IN:
- Compressed air systems
- Natural gas distribution lines
- Commercial and industrial plumbing systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Petroleum product lines
These fittings are rated for working pressures up to 150 lbs per square inch (psi), hence the name “150lbs fittings”. However, many malleable iron fitting is also manufactured to higher pressure classes like 300 lbs, 400 lbs and 600 lbs for more demanding applications.
The Key Advantages Of Malleable Iron Fittings Are:
- High pressure capability – Can withstand considerable mechanical and thermal stresses.
- Flexibility – Malleable iron is significantly more flexible than gray iron or ductile iron fittings, reducing the chance of breakage during or after installation.
- Durability – Properly manufactured malleable iron fitting can last for decades, even with regular cycling and pressure fluctuations.
- Economical – Malleable iron fittings tend to cost less than alternatives like steel or brass fittings.
Common Types Of Malleable Iron Fitting Include:
- Elbows • Tees
- Couplings • Reducers
- Caps • Unions
Malleable Cast Iron Fittings NPT Manufacturers Tell You More
Malleable cast iron fittings NPT are as threaded pipe fittings made of malleable cast iron. Some key points about malleable cast iron NPT fittings:
Malleable iron fittings are typically manufactured according to material (ASTM A47, ASTM A197), performance (ANSI B16.3) and marking (MSS SP-43) standards to ensure consistency and safety. So when selecting malleable iron fitting for your high pressure system, look for fittings that are stamped or labeled with the relevant standard they meet.