Pipe fittings are an indispensable part of all human production and life, as they are responsible for the transport of all types of liquids and gases required for production and life. Due to the different properties of various media and the differences in climate in different regions, there are many different materials for pipe fittings.
- According to the manufacturing method can be divided into: seamless malleable iron pipe fitting, seamed malleable iron pipe fitting and casting pipe fitting and so on.
- According to the material can be divided into: malleable iron pipe fitting, cast malleable iron pipe fitting, non-ferrous metal pipe fitting and non-metallic pipe fitting and so on.
Malleable iron pipe fitting is a widely used pipe fitting at present. As an example, in the piping system for water supply, heating, heating, gas, compressed air and other piping systems, the commonly used malleable iron pipe fittings are: welded malleable iron pipes for low-pressure fluid transmission (water and gas transmission malleable iron pipes), seamless malleable iron pipes, spiral-seam electric-welded malleable iron pipes, and straight-seam rolled electric-welded malleable iron pipes.
Malleable iron pipe fittings can be further divided into galvanised malleable iron pipe fitting and non-galvanised malleable iron pipe fitting according to whether the surface is galvanised or not. Galvanised malleable iron pipe fitting is also called white malleable iron pipe fitting, and non-galvanised malleable iron pipe fitting is commonly known as black malleable iron pipe fitting.
In this article, Jianzhi,China would like to introduce galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings for customers, and will also compare galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings and un-galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings to help buyers to solve some of the selection concerns.
Manufacturing process of galvanised pipe fittings
The manufacturing process of galvanised pipe fittings mainly includes the following steps:
1. malleable iron cutting: cut the malleable iron into the required length.
2. malleable iron pipe descaling: the surface of the malleable iron pipe will be sandblasted to remove the surface rust and oxidised skin.
3. Galvanising: the descaled malleable iron pipe is put into the galvanising bath and electrolytically deposited to form a dense zinc layer on the surface of the malleable iron pipe.
4. Inspection and warehousing: After galvanising, the malleable iron pipe will be inspected for quality, and the qualified malleable iron pipe will be warehoused.
Types of galvanised pipe fittings
Galvanised pipe fittings are mainly divided into the following types:
1. hot galvanized pipe fitting: hot galvanized pipe fitting is a malleable iron pipe fitting that is heated at high temperature and then dipped into a galvanising solution to form a thick layer of zinc, which has high corrosion resistance and durability.
2. Electro-galvanised pipe fitting: Electro-galvanised pipe is a malleable iron pipe as a cathode, a thin zinc layer is deposited on the surface through electrolysis, which has better anti-corrosion properties and decorative.
3. Galvanised pipe fitting: galvanised pipe fitting is a new type of anti-corrosion material, by infiltrating zinc atoms into the surface of the malleable iron pipe, forming a dense layer of zinc, with high anti-corrosion performance and durability.
Wide usage of galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings
Galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are widely used in many fields such as construction, machinery, chemical industry, electric power, petroleum, metallurgy and aviation.
- In the construction industry, galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are often used as supporting materials for building skeletons, pipes, doors, windows and guardrails;
- in the field of machinery manufacturing, galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are widely used in the manufacture of lifts, bicycles, automobiles, railway vehicles and ships;
- in the chemical and petroleum industries, galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are often used as fittings for equipment such as transport pipelines and storage tanks.
Application of non-galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings
Non-galvanised malleable iron pipes are widely used in the construction field, mainly for structural support of buildings and piping of air-conditioning systems. Compared with galvanised malleable iron pipes, un-galvanised malleable iron pipes do not need to be galvanised in the production process, do not produce a lot of waste water, and do not affect the quality of the water inside the pipeline, which is supported by environmentalists.
Automobile manufacturing field Ungalvanised malleable iron pipes are widely used in the automobile manufacturing field, and ungalvanised malleable iron pipes play an important role in the production of automobile chassis.
Comparison of galvanised and un-galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings
Non-galvanised malleable iron pipe fitting s do not contain a zinc layer on their surface, which makes them susceptible to oxidation and corrosion, and therefore have a shorter service life and are prone to erosion and damage in harsh envmalleable ironments. In contrast, galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are coated with a durable zinc layer that resists atmospheric and water vapour erosion and has a longer service life, as well as better wear and heat resistance. However, un-galvanised malleable iron pipe fittings are softer and easier to shape because they are not deeply processed, and they are inexpensive.
Jianzhi,China does not recommend that consumers blindly pursue expensive, more support to buy the right pipe fittings.But whichever type of malleable iron pipe fittings do buyers want to purchase,Jianzhi would provide the best quality.