As a manufacturer of pipe fittings, JIANZHI are fully aware of plumbing union fittings. If you would like to know too, please read on!
What is a plumbing union
A plumbing union is a type of fitting used to connect two pieces of plumbing or piping together. It is designed to allow for easy disassembly of the connection, which can be useful for maintenance or repair purposes.
A plumbing union typically consists of three parts: two threaded end pieces and a middle piece that connects them. The end pieces have female threads on the inside, which allows them to be screwed onto male threads on the pipes or other fittings being connected. The middle piece has male threads on both ends, which allows it to be screwed into the end pieces and connect them together.
Plumbing union fittings used for
Plumbing union fittings are used in a variety of applications in plumbing and piping systems. They are typically used in situations where it is necessary to connect two pipes or other plumbing components, and where it may be necessary to disassemble the connection for maintenance or repair purposes.
Some common applications for plumbing union fittings include:
- Water supply lines: Plumbing unions can be used to connect two sections of water supply piping together, such as in a hot water heater installation.
- Gas supply lines: Plumbing unions can be used in gas supply lines to connect two sections of piping together.
- HVAC systems: Plumbing unions can be used in HVAC systems to connect two sections of ductwork together, or to connect a duct to an air handler or other component.
- Pump and filter systems: Plumbing unions can be used in pump and filter systems to connect two sections of piping together, or to connect a pump or filter to other components in the system.
- Irrigation systems: Plumbing unions can be used in irrigation systems to connect two sections of piping together, or to connect a sprinkler head or other component to the system.
Plumbing Union fittings List – Malleable Iron Fittings
Galvanized Cross Reducer Fig.180R
Black Iron Pipe Fittings Equal Cross Fig.180
Black Iron Cap Fittings Round Fig.301
Black Malleable Iron Hexagon Cap Fig.300
BSP Union Elbows Flat Seat Fig.95
NPT Female Union Elbows Flat Seat Fig.97
Galvanized Union Elbows Conical Seat Male and Female Fig.98
Plumbing Union Fitting Male and Female Brass Taper Seat Fig. 343
Galvanized Fittings Union Taper Seat Fig. 341